Toxic Mold Gastrointestinal Article Information

Toxic Mold Gastrointestinal Article InformationThe mold and mildew terms are used interchangeably by lay but according to some more specific definitions, mildew is a powdered growth that attacks and grows on living plants while molds are often fuzzy and grow in all types of wet surfaces. Molds, molds and other fungi usually reproduce by forming and releasing spores into the air. Most spores the interior are only 3 to 15 microns in diameter, some spores are a few hundred microns long but these are still only a few microns in diameter. The eye human can at best see objects that are 10 or more microns in diameter. allergens and toxins known as mycotoxins are also found primarily in the spores different fungi. These substances can be found in live or dead spores.

Toxic Mold Gastrointestinal Article Information

Toxic Mold Gastrointestinal Article Information

Toxic Mold Gastrointestinal Article Information

TOXIC MOLD

Mycotoxins are chemicals that are sometimes produced by several species of toxic mushrooms. These toxins are real and are powerful weapons used by toxic molds in a sort of microbial warfare to help them compete against bacteria and other molds. Toxic molds are common in Florida, but mold spores in residential settings, even if they are potentially toxic producing types and high levels are not automatically at high enough levels to cause toxic effects in humans through inhalation. It takes a lot of inhaled spores to poison a person. Currently, controversy exists whether exposure to residential mold spore levels are always high enough to lead toxic effects on humans.

Toxic effects of mycotoxins on humans mold and farm animals leading to serious illness or death through ingestion accidental toxic mold, etc. have been well documented in the scientific literature. Effects of heavy exposure to mold toxins are many, but only two of the more are common immune suppression and liver cancer. Mycotoxins are a result of headaches, sore throat, hair loss, flu symptoms, diarrhea, fatigue, dermatitis, general malaise (tiredness) and psychological depression. “(Croft et al, 1986, Jarvis 1995).” Other responses referred to the exhibition of mycotoxins includes rashes, skin lesions and gastrointestinal tract, and interference with blood cell formation. “(Sorenson 1993).

Human and horse exposure to Stachybotrys mold infested hay that caused toxic reactions in Ukraine over the years 1920 or 1930 years is well documented. industrial exposure level of mycotoxins such as at peanut processing facilities, composting facilities, or farms has caused problems documented toxigenic and severe allergenic. Countless farm animals have died from eating food contaminated with toxic molds, in extreme cases that occurred mid-1960 100.000 turkeys died in England after consuming moldy food shipped from Brazil.

The causative agent was aflatoxin from aspergillus flavus mold. In several of these cases of poisoning from exposure to mycotoxins and feed is well documented by scientists and physicians. For more information on documented cases mycotoxocosis and refer to The Fifth Kingdom, by Brice Kindrick or Bioaerosols from ACGIH by Harriett Burge.

Read Also: Toxic Mold Test Kit – Mold Inspection At Home

It is very important not to panic but to consider that to achieve these serious adverse effects, toxic molds like Stachybotrys and others may have to be:

1. consumed in mold contaminated foods,
2. physically handled so that excessive physical contact between human skin and the mold, or
3. mycotoxins have to be exposed to living cells in the laboratory.

Several studies have shown that levels of mycotoxins encountered by breathing mold spores in your home or office appear to be too low to cause toxic reactions in humans. Of course, future studies may or may not change this current opinion held by many researches. Synergistic effects of different types of indoor air pollution and mycotoxins mixing can be more powerful than individual mycotoxin exposures. Fortunately scientists are not in the business to conduct comprehensive studies of toxicity developed in humans.

However, asthma attacks, allergies, sinus infections and mold seems to be very common and can give as much trouble as I was being poisoned.

INFECTIOUS MOULDS

According to a Mayo Clinic study, sinusitis caused by growth fungus fibers or balls of fungus fibers in the sinus cavities is not unusual. This is caused by common Aspergillus, Fusarium, and Curvularia species. Aspergillosis caused by the growth of Aspergillus species in the lungs more often A.fumigatus, A. flavus, A. and A. niger territus species typically occurs in people with immune systems committed or a history of lung disease that resulted in past lung damage. Common Candida albicans that causes yeast infections is a major cause of infection serious nosocomial (hospital acquired) fungal infections.

Capsulatium Histoplasma and Cryptococcus neoformans are very dangerous yeast like molds that should be presumed to be present in any bird droppings but are primarily a concern when spread to humans through inhalation of particles from accumulations of pigeon, starling, and bat droppings. Coccidioides immitis mold spores are spread from dusty soil in the southwestern United States, which sometimes causes valley fever but other times the same fungus can be deadly. Almost all fungi can cause infections in people with severely compromised immune systems.
Detection of infectious fungi such as but not limited to the above listed and identification of fungi to determine the species is not part of most mold inspections.
Asthma and Allergy, HYPERSENSITIVITY DISEASES

An allergic reaction occurs when your body mistakes immune system proteins harmless in mold spores or other allergens as if these proteins were harmful microbes trying to infect the body. The body’s immune system, feeling threatened histamine releases into the bloodstream and histamine is what actually causes coughing, sneezing, and watery eyes.

the immune system of the other person error proteins in mold spores as a microbial threat, and thus not develop allergic reactions. Asthma is a condition in which the small air sac structures in the lungs called alveoli can contract and exhale air, but no right can be expanded with new life. Mold and other substances are triggering Common asthma. allergic and asthmatic conditions related to mold in homes are very common and very serious and must be addressed and not ignored. Many serious hypersensitivity diseases in humans, such as baker’s lung, wood workers lung and others are the result of exposure to molds by persons working in industries leading to long-term exposure to elevated levels of spores. hypersensitivity diseases have been well documented in the science and medical field.

According to the evaluation Bioaerosols and control of hypersensitivity pneumonitis is a hypersensitivity disease that results from repeated long term exposure to elevated levels of mold spores or other antigens, this condition can occur in industry or agriculture where spore levels are high, it may also occur in moldy offices or homes, which produces symptoms similar to pneumonia with fever, cough, chest tightness, pulmonary infiltrates, and difficulty breathing. Once sensitized, individuals can react to extremely low, often without considering the concentrations of antigenic material.

The organic dust toxic syndrome is a flu like illness resulting from a short-term exposure to very high levels of spores, as levels may be encountered by workers doing large remediation work mold without use of protective respirators. The symptoms appear several hours or a day or so after exposure and the symptoms disappear after a few days or a few days.